Thursday 9 September 2010

Postmodernism in film

Postmodernist film follows the idea of using postmodernism as a process through the cinematic medium. This type of film is aimed to upset the mainstream conventions, with their narrative structure and characteristics. They dispute against the audience’s ‘suspension of belief’, therefore through the use of non-realistic elements; the viewer would not make assumptions or judge the picture upon stereotypical genre’s of the film. Its main aims are of stirring questions, interpretations, remembrance and representation.

I read the book above - 'Postmodernism in Cinema' - which helped with my understanding towards this whole topic. It helped me to understand the theory in depth, as well as allow myself to relate postmodernism to films, therefore helping contribute towards my understanding of the topic for the eventful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment